Difference you make

The funds that you raise ensure that people living with multiple sclerosis get the support they need to meet their goals and live well, and ensure that no one has to face this disease alone.

Here are some examples* of what we are able to do thanks to you and thousands of other supporters who fundraise.

7,055 people living with multiple sclerosis were provided vital information and support via our MS Connect call centre. 

Difference you make  

 “For the first time since being diagnosed, I was honest about what I was feeling, and I was able to do that with someone who I could have an intelligent and well-informed conversation with.”

990 people were assisted with specialised advice from nurses, occupational therapists and social workers, helping people to maintain their quality of life, employment and delay of disease progression.

difference you make  

 “Our experience in the NDIS trial sites suggests that only 30 percent of people living with multiple sclerosis will, at any one time, receive an individualised support package. We are looking forward to the positive impact MS Advisor will have on the remaining 70 percent who will still rely on MS services to maintain their quality of life”.

2,367 people participated in 117 MS Education programs, providing them with critical information so that they can make informed choices about their health.

Difference you make  

 “The MS Education program is critical in ensuring that people are making informed choices and have the right tools, information and techniques when they’re talking about multiple sclerosis with caregivers, care providers, employers, friends, family, and importantly, kids”. 

626 healthcare workers received education about multiple sclerosis to enhance the quality of care and outcomes for people with MS.

Difference you make  

 “The MS Education program is critical to making sure people are making informed choices”.

*Examples from Financial Year 2016

If you need advice or assistance to reach your fundraising goals, contact us on 1300 733 690 or email events@ms.org.au. Our fundraising team is always here to help.

Fundraiser Search

Looking for an individual or team?

Get The Word Out