Fundraising as part of a team can be a fun way to include everyone in supporting a great cause. If you are part of a corporate team then there are many ways your company can show their support.
Three fast ways to successfully start your team fundraising
- Enquire about matched funding for the whole team or ask individual members to approach their employers. Read more about matched funding.
- Set a team goal and ask all team members to contribute. If you have a team of 20, set a goal of $250 - you'll have raised $5000 in no time
- Collecting donations via your team web page is the easiest way to raise funds but there are many ways to fundraise - and the possibilities are almost limitless for teams. If your team has all the same friends / co-workers, ask sponsors to donate towards the whole team as opposed to individual team members.
Promote your fundraising
- Send an email with a link to your webpage asking for sponsorship. You may be surprised by the amount of support you receive in such a short space of time.
- Place a notice on your company Intranet or sporting/community newsletter.
- Send an invite for people to sponsor you on Facebook.
- Why not ask if you can send something out in your company's payslips that are sent to employees.
- Place sponsorship posters up around your workplace.
- Insert a fundraising banner with a link to your webpage on your email auto signature.
- Follow us on the MS Gong Ride Facebook page
Read more about fundraising and how you can maximise your fundraising efforts to show your support for people with multiple sclerosis.