CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE
- Peter Whelan just donated $52.20
- Kim Clarke just donated $100.00
- Brian Turner just donated $104.40
- Craig just donated $515.00
- Gunter Wett just donated $31.32
- Peter Sullivan just donated $78.30
- Dan Iachini just donated $50.00
- Hoang Le just donated $52.20
- William Bath just donated $100.00
- M&K O'Brien just donated $52.20
- Lucie Nemcova just donated $52.20
- Murray Nelson just donated $50.00
- George Vatiliotis just donated $52.20
- simon Marrable just donated $150.00
- Reden Manguerra just donated $20.00
- Mittagong antiques centre just donated $104.40
- Karen Lipworth just donated $30.00
- Tim Frater just donated $20.88
- Pj Heuston just donated $52.20
- Pina Jeffery just donated $52.20
The challenge is up to you to decide.
Imagine telling all your contacts your team is riding around Australia or riding the Tour De France route. Or riding in an 8-hour cycle relay. Just think how impressed they will be and it will be easy to ask for support.
To help you come up with some impressive and creative cycling ideas:
RIDE AROUND AUSTRALIA
All the team member’s individual kms add up to 14,000km. Break up sections for each rider e.g. John rides virtually from Sydney to Wollongong = 82km, then David rides virtually from Wollongong to Batemans Bay =194km, then Mary rides from Batemans bay to St Kilda = 731kms etc
RIDE THE TOUR DE FRANCE
Total team members kms add up to the 3,471km of the route. You could break it into the 21 segments just like in the tour and allocate them to each member.
RIDE TOGETHER AS A TEAM
Choose the distance, the date you want to ride and map a route. Ride a loop from your office or from your local coffee shop. Have a BBQ after at a local park and catch up with your work mates after a challenging year.
Compete against other departments for the most amount of kms e.g. HR against marketing, Wollongong division against the Sydney division, Senior management against Junior staff.
We only suggest this on stationary bikes or trainers. Set up a virtual race between team members. Choose a time for riders to race each other and the clock or do a Zwift challenge. Stream it live for the rest of the staff to watch. Encourage staff to make bets on the winner to put towards team fundraising.
Select a day and the total hours the relay will go. Create a roster with a time slot for each team member to ride one after the other within those hours. They can ride wherever they are in the world, or you can get the team together at a local bike track or park, bring a handful of bikes and encourage all staff to take turns riding the bikes for at least half an hour – sanitising in between! An alternative to this would be to bring the bikes into the workplace and set up on trainers for each member to ride on. Add an extra layer to include the mates who don’t ride and do a walk relay along the same path on the same day! They can still register and include their kms and fundraise for the team.
FOR A LOVED ONE WITH MS
If you are riding for a loved one with MS, set your goal based on the days or weeks since they were diagnosed as a personal tribute. For example, diagnosed 7 years = 2555 days = riding 2555kms or equal to 365 weeks = 365kms